NEW BLOG

I have now finished this blog, if you'd like to continue to follow me please go to my new blog www.bridgetfarmer.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fantail Flock

After much thinking and working out of finance I decided to buy a new computer instead of trying to get the old PC working again. I thought that if it was going to cost $500 to get the old sluggish thing to work for a few more months, then I might as well spend a bit more on a new computer. So here I am on my new mac. It smells lovely and new and I've already got the Martha Wainwright cd that I borrowed from the library onto my itunes and downloaded BBC radio 4 podcasts! (one of the things I miss most about not living in UK is Radio 4)

So I thought I'd better get on and post on my blog. Here are a few more fantail brooches I have made while the computer has been down.






Also, just to fill you in on the wildlife around here - the Tawny Frogmouth has left his old tree. I don't see him anymore which is sad. Instead I've started seeing yellow tailed black cockatoos over the house and ganggangs over the river, which for inner suburban melbourne I thought was quite surprising. I've also started to see rats in and out of our house which isn't so nice even if I do think they look a little bit cute.

3 comments:

Deborah Potts said...

I'm SO glad you decided to buy a new computer as I've missed your blog! The Fantails are gorgeous.

marysgranddaughter said...

I love your brooches and your prints! Glad I found your shop and your blog.
cheers,
cindy

nerida said...

I'm the very proud owner of the above neutral/yellow fantail I purchased yesterday at the Thread Den stand at the Brisbane Stitches and Craft Show. I had SOO much trouble picking a favourite! I love my little fantail so much and look forward to wearing it on my cardi's this Winter.