NEW BLOG

I have now finished this blog, if you'd like to continue to follow me please go to my new blog www.bridgetfarmer.blogspot.com.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Duck Duck Goose Goose



Yesterday we took a trip down the coast of Strangford Lough to Castle Espie. Castle Espie is part of the Uk's Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust and is home to lots of ducks, geese, swans, waders, and all other seabirds. There is a lot of work going on at the moment, creating new pools and a salt marsh and a fresh water area,  but it was still a great trip. I fully intend to come back and spend a day or two drawing.



Look at these little beauties! They are American Wood Ducks. Very pretty

An Eider Duck and a Greylag Goose
 

Here is the view across the Lough. You can see Scrabo Tower on the hill.

When the drawing isn't going well I always find a change of hand does the trick. I don't know why, I think it's to do with being less precious with your opposite hand and the lines become looser and somehow capture what you're drawing better.

A handsome Whooper Swan

I loved the colours here

The park sells little bags of grain so you can feed the ducks in the small pond area. My 9 month old nephew loved all the birds, he seems to like animals a lot, always wants to get closer. Not the best idea with a hissing goose! 

No comments: