NEW BLOG

I have now finished this blog, if you'd like to continue to follow me please go to my new blog www.bridgetfarmer.blogspot.com.

Monday, January 21, 2008

My new toy



After wondering what a gocco print was from seeing so many mentioned on www.etsy.com I started researching into this medium. It is basically a simple home screen printing set invented by a japanese man about 25 years ago. This was before households had computers and he believed everyone should have the means to print their own invitations and cards. I became fascinated by this machine, and wooed by the beautiful images other artists had created using print gocco. So I bought myself one on ebay, found the instructions in english on the internet (the ones supplied were in japanese!) and last week I made my first print. I'm now hooked.


Seven Australian Magpies


This is my first gocco print.




Three Female Satin Bowerbirds

This is my second gocco print.

Now I need to buy more paper so I can make more more more!

No comments: